SCA recently teamed up with Square to publish their 2018 coffee report. It is really good to see some of the trends that are going on across the States:
- In regards to tipping baristas: National average is 11.4% but Alaska is the setting the bar high at 17.5%. Things aren’t so good for baristas in New Jersey where the average tip lands at only 7.5%
- While iced coffee consumption is on the rise 42% of Americans prefer cold brew to iced coffee
- The latte is far and away the most popular coffee drink in the US. The most expensive cup is found in North Dakota while it is most economic to buy a latte in Idaho
- In a little more than a year’s time oat milk has seen a whopping 425% increase!
- American’s are staying caffeinated all day long. The most prominent hour for drip coffee is 8am while Iced blends are in peak consumption at 2pm
- Australian Flat white sales and Spanish Cortado sales are the international styles that have made the most significant gains in the US market over the past year
- Part of the reasons the latte is the typical Americans favorite coffee drink is because of all the add-ons that can accompany it. Over the past year the average American requests two add-ons to their latte orders
If all of these fun numbers made you thirsty head on over to our shop and buy some delicious coffee to enjoy from the comfort of your own home!